Meet Our Diaper Bags

{Erin}  The first step toward recovery is admitting you have a problem. I have a problem. A problem with purses. Yes, I picked my baby bag out long before I was pregnant!  I am a mama-to-be so I’m sure my purse is more than likely unpractical, overpriced, and more for me than my baby!! With that being said, I don’t actually have the bag yet!  Does this make it more acceptable? For me, the Coach baby bag is the queen bee of the classic, timeless, all-purpose baby bag. It has compartments for me and the babe, which in my book is perfection. The shape of the bag allows for many baby items plus a matching changing pad – how could a mama go wrong? I have multiple Coach bags and I must tell you the quality of their bags are superb. I have had many of their bags for years with no signs of distress or wear, which might explain the high price tag. Finally, have you seen this bag walking around town? I sure haven’t and who doesn’t want a little originality in their life! Go ahead and dream mama’s – we all deserve to!  Meet my Coach Diaper Bag!

{Kim}  I LOVE my bag because it’s Vera Bradley! It has it’s own personality just looking at it.  Aside from the looks, I also like it because it’s very comfortable to carry and super functional. The inside has 5 pockets. Two of the pockets fit diapers and wipes perfectly! I love the outside pockets even more. The two side pockets are perfect for bottles, cups, phones, and cameras (all the necessities).  Then one side of the bag has a zipper pocket and the other side has 3 smaller pockets, hidden with a flap.  I use these for mama things – powder, chapstick, eye liner, contact solution, gum, a comb, and coupons.
Must-Haves in my diaper bag: a pacifier, bib, spoon, a couple of small toys, and a small bag with first-aid/medical supplies (nose suction, band-aids, allergy meds, orajel, infant Tylenol with dosage chart, and hand sanitizer). I wish these bags weren’t so expensive so I could afford to switch more often!  Meet my Vera Bradley Diaper Bag!

{Camye}  I will admit, I have the least fashionable diaper bag.  I contemplated digging through my closet to find a prettier bag to share with you, but alas, I am carrying a dingy yellow bag.  What’s even worse? I think I got this one from the luggage section at Target.  I am the worst purse shopper.  It should be easy because my only requirement is it has to be able to hold a bottle without spilling.  In my almost 4 years of motherhood, I have only bought 1 “true” diaper bag.  The rest are just oversized purses.  I am always asking my sisters (who have the best bags) to help me, but they live too far away!
My bag weighs more than any of my children.  I have medicine, bottles filled with filtered water, formula dispensers, a wardrobe change for each child, a hundred diapers, a years supply of wipes, nursing cover, a cooler of food in case we get stranded on the I-74 bridge, and (to avoid fighting) 2 cars, 2 princesses, 2 iPods, 2 suckers, etc.  My husband and mother don’t understand why I need so many things, but I can’t stop stressing unless I know I am prepared for anything.  Meet my, uh, bag.

8 Responses to Meet Our Diaper Bags

1. Bethany Tatman July 29, 2011 at 8:43 am #

This is so cute! I am really enjoying reading this blog – keep it up ladies.

2. Scottsdale Moms Blog - Steph July 29, 2011 at 9:01 am #

LOVE this post!! So cute!!! Erin – I’m totally like you in that my diaper bag was my first purchase after finding out we were expecting.

3. Sara July 29, 2011 at 9:14 am #

This post is currently my obsession. We have baby #2 due in 2-3 weeks and currently have a 2 year old. Looking for some input of mom’s with multiple kiddos and a bag they recommend. Seems like the diaper bag market goes from tiny to luggage, but there aren’t a lot of options in between!

4. Kim Gravert July 29, 2011 at 12:32 pm #

Sara, I’m in the same boat. I’ve been trying to decide if the size of my Vera bag will be large enough for 2 kids things and mine or if I should get something bigger. I probably don’t need half the things I put in there so if I got smart about it, I’m sure I’d be just fine with the current bag. However, like Camye, I feel I need to have everything necessary to survive in there. My friend has a great Coach diaper bag that I’ve thought about looking into but for that kind of a price Jason would never let me get a new one! So I’m still exploring my options; but if you find the perfect one, let me know too please! 🙂

5. Erin Turner Haluska July 29, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

Loving all the feedback from you Mama’s on this topic!!! It seems that the diaper bag is essential!!!! I wish they would send you home from the hospital with your dream bag!! What a homecoming that would be!!!!

6. Heather Stocking July 30, 2011 at 8:37 pm #

Well, I fall into the camp of not super cute bag but TOTALLY practical. When baby #2 came along, our daughter had just turned 2. This meant that each tripped needed to be well thought out and planned. It also meant that I NEVER had a free hand. So we used an old diaper bag that ended up being not enough space, hard to carry, etc. So we decided on a backpack. My husband loved it too. It was easy. I could put it on my back (hands free) it had multiple pockets (ability to keep LOTS of stuff) and a mesh pocket on each side (allowing for 2 sippys/bottles). It is not attractive but it has been the best thing we ever did. Just input from a mom of 2 little ones.

7. prayloverun July 31, 2011 at 7:39 pm #

I like that all the diaper bags are unique and from all different prices. Not everyone can afford a coach diaper bag but many could afford the vera bradley or the target purchase. So great job!

8. pophopekins September 14, 2011 at 3:44 am #

Hi, i like your blog. most of the time I stay out side my home with my family. so this bags are really very helpful to carry.

Nest diaper bags