I first got the idea to do a 12 Days of Christmas challenge from my sister. Last year she and her hubby made a different Christmas craft or recipe for 12 days leading up to Christmas, and I was inspired to try something like this myself. 2011 has been a very fun and exciting year for my family, but lately we’ve been extra busy. So, I’m taking the next few weeks to unwind, enjoy some extra family time with my loved ones, and do lots of Christmassy things to get us in the Christmas spirit. I thought it would be fun to see if any of you other mamas would want to take the 12 Days of Christmas challenge with me. You can personalize your list however you’d like, or you can follow along with mine! I will be sure to follow-up and let you all know how I did in my next QCMB post. 🙂 Some of the projects on my list are easy, some are more challenging, some are for me, some are for my son, and some are for all of us to enjoy as a family! I am going to start my challenge on December 13th, so my 12th day falls on Christmas Eve.
Here is what I’ve got planned…
1. Tuesday, 12/13: Make a Christmas craft with Brody – Marie had a great post the other day on QCMB with some fun crafts to try, or I might check out Pinterest for some ones to do with my one-year-old, too.
2. Wednesday, 12/14: Bake a Christmas treat – I’m no Betty Crocker, so this will be a challenge for me, in itself! 🙂
3. Thursday, 12/15: Read a Christmas story to Brody – We don’t have any children’s Christmas books at my house…can you believe that?! I will have to go get some…soon! Thanks for Erin’s help in her post from here.
4. Friday, 12/16: Christmas date with the hubby – Just us two, out to dinner and a movie, or maybe even dinner at home and a glass of wine – but a night just for us!
5. Saturday, 12/17: Make a Holiday cocktail! – Hy-Vee has a couple great recipes in their recent “Seasons” magazine …”The Grinch”, “Winter’s Eve Sangria”, “Candy Cane Martini”, yummmm…
6. Sunday, 12/18: Make some gooey cinnamon rolls, some Peppermint Mocha coffee, and snuggle up with my boys in the living room next to the Christmas tree – This one will be easy. 😉
7. Monday, 12/19: Sing Christmas Carols -Ok, probably won’t be going outside “carolling”, but I love Christmas music, so I’ll sing and dance with Brody to some of my favorites!
8. Tuesday, 12/20: Buy a gift for someone less fortunate and bring it to a donation site – Jen posted lots of great options for this the other day here.
9. Wednesday, 12/21: Play with Brody in the snow! – This one might have to change if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
10. Thursday, 12/22: Drive around town to look at all the pretty Christmas lights – Where are the best places nearby to go?
11. Friday, 12/23: Make some homemade hot cocoa – I’m usually just an instant hot cocoa girl, but I have always wanted to make some homemade!
12. Saturday, 12/24: Go to a Christmas Eve church service – I think it’s important not to forget the TRUE meaning of Christmas, so I thought I’d end my challenge by remembering and recognizing this very special birthday. 🙂
Anyone else up for the challenge? Who’s with me?