Can you believe May is here already!? The year is just flying by. 2013 has definitely been great to me so far, watching my son grow and seeing his personality come out. Yes, everyone is right when they say time flies, you are sleep deprived, and that they change everyday. Motherhood is amazing and exhausting at the same time. And at this moment, I think I have “mommy brain”.
The past month or two, so many things have been on my mind and sometimes I feel like nothing else can possibly be put in this head of mine. Nothing horrible or major is happening, just a lot of little things that are adding up. I have so many thoughts in my head sometimes it is hard to make a complete sentence. There are always a million and one little tasks that need to be done or planned (and actually finished) plus enjoying time with family.
Here are just a couple of things going on with me:
1. Son has eczema. (I think, still trying to figure out if it really is or allergic reaction to something)
2. Son DOES NOT sleep. (I’m lucky if I get a 2 hour stretch at a time)
3. House needs to be cleaned. (everyday tasks)
4. Going on a trip to California in 2 weeks for 2 weeks and flying with Nathan by myself. (terrified of that!)
5. Might be moving in July or August. (Hubby is military so it is still up in the air, but July and August are coming up quick!)
6. Do we take our cats with us if we move?
7. Need to sell a car if we move.
8. ARE WE MOVING?! (Taking up an enormous section in the noggin)
9. Deciding on when to have baby #2. (Might be SOON, like starting to trying next month soon)
10. Eating healthy, getting pre-baby body back.
11. What am I going to write about?
12. Am I being a good mom and wife?
13. The list goes on and on and on….
Why do we as women have so much on our brains? When I think so much about what I need to do and what I want to do is when mommy brain really kicks in. I feel like a deer caught in headlights. I don’t know where to start and usually the easiest tasks get forgotten or ignored. I know, I know, the dishes can wait. I know everything will work out. I know I am going to survive the plane ride. If I know all of this, why do I still worry? I am even worrying about worrying. UGH!
So I leave you with a couple funny pictures I found on the one and only Pinterest. I searched “mommy brain” and these came up. It gave me a laugh and I hope that through all the craziness, forgetfulness and awesomeness of life, they will put a smile on your face, too.
Do you think “mommy brain” is a real thing? If you have it, what do you do to keep it under control?