Date night. A rare thing in our house. Like the ever elusive Big Foot, date nights are something we can hardly catch. But I think this year is gonna be different. I am really consciously trying to make a date night happen every month. (If you have seen our family calendar you know this is no small fete!)
But going on a date in Iowa in the winter…really makes you think creatively. So with a little research and some great friendly advice, I have done the work for you so that you to can sit down and enjoy time with your significant other in these 10 Winter Date Ideas.
10. Put on heels, ladies, and your little black dress and book the crème de la crème of date nights… a show at the Adler Theater. Hit up a Broadway show or a production by the Quad City Symphony Orchestra and hold hands while listening to beautiful music. Sit back and relax as you enjoy the show!
9. He shoots, he scores! For the sports nut, check out a hockey game at the iWireless. Cheer on our own Quad City Mallards as you sip on ice cold beer. Casual and entertaining, you will be sure to have fun!
8. Get in the some belly laughs at Comedysportz. This place has date night wrapped up all in one stop. Drinks, dinner, and entertainment perfect for a cold snowy Iowa night.
7. Are you ready for some adventure? Bundle up and put on some skis and head to Snowstar. Just a short drive from the Quad Cities, hit the slopes on skis or on a snowboard. If you are a little timid to try something new, check out the tubing hill. No skill required!
6. Nothing will bring you closer than being stuck in a room together, literally. Try the new Bustout Live Escape Game in Bettendorf for your next date night. Work on your skills as a parenting “team” as you work to escape the room your trapped in.
5. Want a low cost date night? Head to one of the many local coffee houses the Quad Cities has to offer and grab a cup of joe. Sip on a warm latte, grab a scone and bask in the quiet atmosphere. This idea is also great for a “day” date, if you get a chance to get away before dinner time.
4. Are you missing flowers and trees in this brutally cold weather? Take a walk through the Quad City Botanical Center. Dream about summer as you walk under the palm trees and gaze upon the beautiful tropical blooms. A picture perfect date spot!
3. Want to get romantic? Grab some skates and head to the Quad Cities newest skating rink, Frozen Landing, in Bettendorf. Don’t know how to skate, what is more romantic than hanging on to your hubby and skating under the stars. This activity will get you cold enough to want to curl up in front of the fire and drink hot cocoa.
2. Bundle up and take a walk on the boardwalk in LeClaire, Iowa. Browse through the many shops along the Mississippi and stop in and say “Hi” to our friends at Field and Finch and snatch an outfit for your next date night! Before you end the night, grab a drink at 129 Coffee, Martini, and Wine Bar. There is a reason LeClaire was voted “Best Place to Take an Out of Town Guest” 5 years in a row.
1. Can’t get a babysitter? Then fine, stay in and grab a movie, a bowl of popcorn, and have a date night “in”. Nothing better than being wrapped up in a blanket on the couch and watching a movie on Netflix with your significant other. I have to admit this is what our date nights are usually. Cheap and comfortable! No fancy dress or high heels required… unless you like that kind of thing, then by all means dress up ladies!
These are just a few ideas to get you started on having fun with your loved one this winter. Being cold outside is no excuse to skip the romance. Stay warm and don’t be afraid to snuggle!