April is Stress Awareness Month. Who knew? I’m sure if I was to ask how many of you are stressed on a daily basis, I would see a lot of hands.
Mommin’ ain’t easy!
There’s kid stress, work stress, marital stress, self stress, and stress about all the stress. It definitely can take a toll on us and make us turn into not so nice women or leave us curled up in a ball with a glass of wine. (Not that I’m speaking from experience.)
I figured we could all use some simple ways to handle the stress in our lives! Some of these are things you do alone, some with your kids, and a few with friends. No reason not to make a little stress free time in our lives!
- Meet up with a friend
- Take a bubble bath (kick the kids and spouse out of the house)
- Go to a coffee shop and enjoy a delicious treat
- Have a 5 minute dance party (include the kids and spouse, it’ll be fun!)
- Go for a walk
- Make a cup of tea
- Diffuse some essential oils (lavender and lemon are great!)
- Lay out clothes for the next day to stop the morning rush
- Ask for help
- Laugh (watch a funny YouTube video or a comedy on Netflix)
- Take a break from your phone
- Do some stretching/yoga
- Take a nap
- Spend some time with a pet (go to an animal shelter if you don’t have one)
- Meditate (I love the Calm app)
- Journal (either in a pretty notebook or just on your phone)
- Get up a little earlier and tackle a nagging task or enjoy the quiet
- Say no to something (stop filling up your plate!)
- Have sex
I think one of the biggest things we can do for stress is to ask for help, which I know for me isn’t easy. When I do delegate a task though, I feel so much better. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, then find some help. Nobody said you need to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. *note to self*
What are some of your favorite ways to deal with stress?
Are you good at asking for help?