As moms, I know we are all trying to do the best for our families. We read the labels, research the classes, and go out of our way to create memories that will last a lifetime. I get that it’s not easy to say “yes” to another committee, team, or fundraiser. But I want to let you know about how one switch – the kind of gas you choose at the pump- can be a healthier fuel choice AND combat breast cancer!
The fuel is E15. E15 is an environmentally-friendly, lower-cost fuel that burns cleaner than gasoline. More information can be found here, but here are 5 things you might not have know about E15.
- It is less expensive! E15 is typically priced 5-10 cents less per gallon than E10.
- It’s tested and tried. E15 is the most widely tested fuel in history. It is approved for use by all 2001 and newer passenger vehicles and light-duty trucks and is listed as an approved fuel in most owner’s manuals!
- It reduces cancer-causing chemicals. You’ll see the sticker on the gas pump by the fuel blended with ethanol says ‘Cleaner Air for Iowa.’ Using more ethanol means less petroleum-based cancer-causing chemicals in the air.
- It protects Iowa’s water. Using more Ethanol and less petroleum means less risk of oil spills, which cause devastating effects on the environment, including water pollution.
- It supports Farmers. I love being a part of a farming community and by using more ethanol, it is the best way to stimulate corn demand and stabilize prices for farmers.
All this AND give back!
Want to win a $250 gas card?
Post a picture of yourself filling up with E15 and tag Iowa Renewable Fuels Association for a chance to win a $250 ethanol gas card! More details here.