community RSS feed for this section

events-slider

2016 QUAD CITY HOLIDAY EVENTS GUIDE

We’ve put together a list of fun & family-friendly activities to keep your family busy this holiday season. In our 2016 Quad City Holiday Event Guide, you’ll find Festive Events, Santa Sightings, Parades, Choreographed Light Shows, Christmas Tree Farms, The Best QCA Sledding Hills, and Skiing Slopes. There’s a little bit of everything to entertain the whole family and make some holiday [...]
Continue Reading 0
Festival of Trees tips

FESTIVAL OF TREES – CREATING NEW FAMILY TRADITIONS

QCMB note: Sometimes, we turn to area experts to share things that make the Quad Cities great. Today, our friend Meghan Peterson (a local mom, wife and co-director of Quad City Arts’ Festival of Trees) is sharing some insider tips you won’t want to miss for Festival of Trees 2016, which starts this week.  Family traditions come in […]

Continue Reading 0
5 FALL TRENDS

6 FALL DECOR TRENDS

Dear Pumpkin Spice Latte: Welcome back (and get in my belly). Same goes for you, apple picking, chili on the stovetop and changing leaves. It’s safe to say that a bit of a fall junkie. And since I’m also a home decor junkie, I am excited to begin cozying up our home for fall. There really are a […]

Continue Reading 0
Family Museum Outdoor Exhibit

THE SKY’S THE LIMIT AT THE FAMILY MUSEUM

When there’s something new in the Quad Cities, we love to check it out (and share the 411 with the QCMB readers). And as long-time lovers of the Family Museum, we were excited to hear about their new aviation-themed outdoor play structure called “The Sky’s the Limit.” And it doesn’t disappoint. The exhibit resembles an airplane […]

Continue Reading 0
pool04

SUMMER OF SWIMMING

We’ve had such a great summer swimming that I thought I’d share with you the details of our new pool! Thanks to The Great Escape for helping my family with our pool needs! We had been thinking about it for awhile, but this summer we were REALLY contemplating getting a pool. After much thought, we decided to skip our […]

Continue Reading 0
IMG_6978_600

FAMILY NIGHT ON THE FARM | RECAP

Thanks to all the families who braved the weather and joined us for a fun Family Night on the Farm with the Henry County Farm Bureau last week. (Thanks to Courtney Finch Photography for all the wonderful photos!) Just like farming – this event was taking place rain or shine. And while we had some raindrops […]

Continue Reading 0
halo3

DEFINING MOMENTS

Defining moment: a moment in time that defines something, such as a person’s success or failure, achievement, demise, or talent; a point at which the essential nature or character of a person or group is revealed or identified. I am sure we all can identify our defining moments; HS or college graduation, landing that dream […]

Continue Reading 0