community RSS feed for this section

5 FALL TRENDS

6 FALL DECOR TRENDS

Dear Pumpkin Spice Latte: Welcome back (and get in my belly). Same goes for you, apple picking, chili on the stovetop and changing leaves. It’s safe to say that a bit of a fall junkie. And since I’m also a home decor junkie, I am excited to begin cozying up our home for fall. There really are a […]

Continue Reading 0
Family Museum Outdoor Exhibit

THE SKY’S THE LIMIT AT THE FAMILY MUSEUM

When there’s something new in the Quad Cities, we love to check it out (and share the 411 with the QCMB readers). And as long-time lovers of the Family Museum, we were excited to hear about their new aviation-themed outdoor play structure called “The Sky’s the Limit.” And it doesn’t disappoint. The exhibit resembles an airplane […]

Continue Reading 0
pool04

SUMMER OF SWIMMING

We’ve had such a great summer swimming that I thought I’d share with you the details of our new pool! Thanks to The Great Escape for helping my family with our pool needs! We had been thinking about it for awhile, but this summer we were REALLY contemplating getting a pool. After much thought, we decided to skip our […]

Continue Reading 0
IMG_6978_600

FAMILY NIGHT ON THE FARM | RECAP

Thanks to all the families who braved the weather and joined us for a fun Family Night on the Farm with the Henry County Farm Bureau last week. (Thanks to Courtney Finch Photography for all the wonderful photos!) Just like farming – this event was taking place rain or shine. And while we had some raindrops […]

Continue Reading 0
halo3

DEFINING MOMENTS

Defining moment: a moment in time that defines something, such as a person’s success or failure, achievement, demise, or talent; a point at which the essential nature or character of a person or group is revealed or identified. I am sure we all can identify our defining moments; HS or college graduation, landing that dream […]

Continue Reading 0
HYVEE6

8 REASONS KIDS LOVE HY-VEE

We love sharing relevant and local information with our readers! We’ve partnered with Hy-Vee to share some of the amazing services they provide at their stores to make kids happy and a parent’s life easier! Take advantage of these services- that’s what they’re there for! Pinky Swear Kids Triathlon Kids can swim, bike and run in support […]

Continue Reading 0
smileys

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM

It’s July, the sun is hot, and it feels like the countdown to the new school year has already begun! This summer our family decided to go on a tour of our area with a specific goal in mind. We weren’t looking for parks. We weren’t finding the best splash pad. We weren’t exploring new trails. […]

Continue Reading 7