This post has been republished with permission from Ally’s Sweet and Savory
If you are expecting, know someone who has a baby or someday will have a baby, then this is the post for you! Homemade baby food is easy, cheap and well worth the time.
Yes, I know in reality some of these combos don’t sound great to us, but to babies they are heavenly! The key is getting a variety into your little one to test and enhance their taste buds.
Easy Crock Pot Baby Food
Print this Recipe!
*makes 2 1/3 cups puree
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 pears, chopped
1 carton vegetable or chicken stock1. Wash your produce and chop into uniform sizes.
2. Place in a medium to large crock pot.
3. Pour enough stock over the produce to cover.
4. Set the crock pot to LOW.
5. Between 4-6 hours, check for tenderness. When soft, allow mixture to cool.
6. Blend with an immersion blender or pour into a blender.
7. When smooth, pour into clean ice cube trays and freeze.
8. When cubes are frozen, pop out and place in a plastic freezer storage bag.
9. When ready to eat, allow cubes to thaw or defrost in the microwave.
10. Mix with breast milk, formula or water to meet your desired consistency.
Now I know I have many, many readers who are far removed from raising babies, so do me a favor and share this post with your loved ones, friends with younger children or simply on your social media pages. You never know who may need this information!
And lastly, if you have a spare second and have faith, send a quick prayer to me today. I’m speaking in front of 20+ women about my blog and meal planning. It’s been aLONGtime since I’ve gotten in front of my peers!
Thanks a bunch.