There are few things more magical than meeting great mom friends.
Unless it means meeting great new mom friends in the beautiful gardens at Miss Effie’s Flowers and Garden Stuff.
(A big thanks to Giraffe Photography for capturing all photographs from this evening.)
We were so fortunate to have such a gorgeous night in the gardens to host our second ever SPEED DATING FOR MOM FRIENDS.
We are so thankful to Miss Effie and her hubby, “Honey,” who made us feel right at home.
And to our friends at Country Style served up tasty treats and a picnic dinner for guests before the speed dating began.
Lots of moms took advantage of the beautiful evening to pick a bucket of flowers to take home.
But the main event was the speed dating. It’s designed to remove any awkwardness or judgement. Every single mom who attended was there to meet other moms. That means a lot of the pressure was off.
Each mom had an opportunity to talk to 13 other moms for 4 minutes each. It is a fast and fun way to start on the path to friendship.
Because every mom wants an amazing mom tribe, but sometimes it’s hard to get started.
These little “dance cards” were the perfect way to keep track of who each mom had met. When they got home, moms could log onto our private event page to reconnect and keep the conversation going.
After the speed dating, we had a variety of amazing “MOM DATE GIVEAWAYS” to send home with the moms who attended, including:
- COMFORT & STYLE MOM DATE (Leggings from Lularoe Ashlee Bell)
- RELAXATION MOM DATE (massage gift certificate from Nelson Chiropractic)
- PLAYDATE MOM DATE (two mom meals and four kids’ meals) from Chick-fil-A Davenport)
- FLORAL FUN MOM DATE (gift certificate for two floral arranging classes at K’nees Florists)
- NEW LOOK MOM DATE (two makeup applications from Pure Hair Studio, along with some of their favorite products)